Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by Chef on Board Ltd. Terms such as "we", "us" and "our" refer to Chef on Board Ltd where they are used in these terms and conditions.
2. By purchasing something from our ecommerce store, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this document.
4. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
5. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
6. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
7. When you place an order you will receive an automatic email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
8. We will accept your order (or explain why we cannot accept it) by email within 24 hours of your order being placed (usually much sooner), or by noon on Monday for orders placed over the weekend.
9. If four-portion meals are not available, we will send single-portion equivalents at no extra charge.
10. We use a reputable third-party courier to deliver, and work closely with them to ensure orders are delivered on time. Delivery hours are usually Tuesday-Friday 8am-4pm (although the time could occasionally be earlier or overrun).
11. Orders placed on Thursday afternoon, Friday, Saturday or Sunday will not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so will not be received until Tuesday.
12. Chef on Board will advise customers of the delivery day for their order before it is dispatched. If there is no reply at the delivery address, the courier will "leave safe and advise" unless specific leave instructions have been advised by the customer (eg, in shed, on step). Once delivered or signed for, it is the recipient's responsibility to return the products to a freezer as soon as possible. Chef on Board does not accept any responsibility for unfound gifts.
13. We state clearly that we do not deliver outside mainland Britain. We reserve the right to charge the card handling fee (up to 5%) on orders placed for delivery outside mainland Britain.
14. If a purchase has been made on our website as a gift for someone else, Chef on Board reserves the right to contact the ultimate recipient prior to dispatching the order, in order to confirm the delivery details. Chef on Board also reserves the right not to dispatch the order until such contact has been made, and delivery details confirmed.
15. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Once your order has been dispatched, it cannot be cancelled, returned or refunded.
16. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request our refund policy will apply.
17. You have the right to cancel your order up until 9.30am the day before delivery. You must cancel by calling us on 01981 250494. We reserve the right to pass on the card handling fee charged by our payment processor for issuing a refund.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
18. Chef on Board shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
19. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
20. No liability will be accepted by Chef on Board for any failure or delay in delivery wholly or partially due to an Act of God, War, Fire, Explosion, Riot, Civil Commotion, Restriction by Government or the competent authority, Strikes, Lock Outs, Failure in Supplies or any cause beyond our control.
21. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
22. These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Chef on Board whether written or oral.
23. We may change these terms and conditions at any time.
24. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
25. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure.
26. Gift Vouchers are valid for two years from the date of issue.